I grew up in a small town in the heart of the Cotswolds in south Gloucestershire, England and I moved to the city of Bristol when I was 18 where I spent 8 years. In 2010 I decided to take an break from life in England and travelled to Australia for work and pleasure. I traveled up the east coast through Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland over the top to Northen Teritory and all the way down through Western Australia.
During the time I spent in this part of the world I also went backpacking around south east Asia, starting in Malaysia moving up through Thailand, in to Laos followed by Cambodia and Vietnam.
For more information about my travels visit my blog.
I have a keen interest in urban photography, inner-city architecture and skylines. I often focus on clean lines using negative space to produce simple compositions.
I'm a big fan of traditional black & white photography and my favourite go to film is Kodak Tri-X 400.
For much of my alternative photography I like to use plastic cameras (such as the Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim and Holga) with a fixed focus, exposure and depth of field, using different film emulsions and processing methods like cross processing, bleach bypass, redscale, developing film in coffee and other methods.
I develop my own B&W, colour, and slide film, scanned using an Epson V700 and I love the print in the darkroom whenever possible.
- Celebrate part of Illuminate Bristol - December 2010
- Phone-ography - October 2010 (Flyer)
- FlickLgraphique - April 2010 (Flyer)
- Open Theme Second Look Finalists - March 2010 (Flyer)
- Sublime Bar Bristol - February 2010
- Weapon of Choice Gallery Xmas Show - December 2009 (Flyer)
- Night - November 2009 (Flyer)
- Bristol a Second Look & Red - September 2009 (Flyer 1) | (Flyer 2)
- Selection of Works - July 2009 (Flyer)
- Baristas Coffee Cafe - June 2009
- Looking Up - March 2009 (Flyer)
- Eye for Colour @Bristol - November 2008
- Urban Spaces - October 2008 (Flyer)
- Bristol a Second Look Finalists - July 2008 (Flyer)
- FlickL - April 2006 (Flyer)
- Photographs included in RWA talk Film Photography in the Digital Age by Martin Edwards - April 2011
- An Introduction to Rodinal article for Photographique magazine - March 2010 (PDF)
- Experimental Film Photography presentation to students of Bristol Art College - 25th February 2009
- Cover photograph for Photographique price list - January 2009
- Photograph included in Minton films documentary What makes you feel alive? about Tollgate House - February 2006